Read "Urban Immigrants" article. We will have a short quiz on Monday. If you are presenting on Monday, rehearse how you will present.
Bring Bud, Not Buddy books to return.
No homework, but projects are due tomorrow. If you are presenting, try rehearsing how you will present under 5 minutes.
We will research for specific information using an online database, and properly cite quotations from online publications.
Go to :https://library.cps.edu/
Select Library Databases, then Gale Student Resources in Context.
Work from this document. how_to_cite.docx.
Answer the questions according to the directions and submit to email@example.com
The answers are in the reference works, not journals, news articles, etc.
UPDATE: this assignment is not due until Monday. Also, to access the Student Resources in Context database, the password is "cps"
Projects are due Friday. Today is the last day you will have class time to complete it.
If your project is online, please share it with me.
If you are finished with the project, you can do three things. For all three, you must share your response or what you learned with me by the end of the period: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Read any newsela articles of your choice and write a response. You can also take the quizzes.
2. Go to Skillswise-BBC and review and play the Sentence Grammar videos and games only.
In a paragraph or two, summarize what sentence structure or punctuation skills you learned or what you reviewed. Share the paragraph with me.
3. You can play the virtual traveler game and take notes on the most relevant information.
Copy your lecture notes into email and submit to me.
Homework: Finish your essay. Make sure you edit with the revision pointers sheet given Monday. Link to document is also provided under Monday post.
All work is due tomorrow. Final grades for the quarter will be put in tomorrow.
Students finished with their final drafts may start on one of the following projects. You must get approval before you begin. Choose the option that appeals to you most.
Bud, Not Buddy project options
1. Create a graphic novel version of any scene or chapter of Bud, Not Buddy.
See graphic novels in library for examples.
2. Create an illustrated and annotated timeline of events of the Great Depression or events in the book (photos ok).
Examples of illustrated, annotated timelines. Remember to write complete sentences for each event (annotations).
3. Create an informative Powerpoint about a historical event or trend (food, clothing, art) during the Depression.
4. Write a “prequel” scene of Bud, Not Buddy, showing how Bud came to make one of his rules.
Due date: April 21.
No homework. Reminder that all missing work is due Wednesday.
Checklist for revising/editing your essays.revision_pointers_-_5th.docx
No homework, but all work for the quarter so far is due Wednesday, April 5.